Saturday, November 22, 2008

Qatar's Museum of Islamic Art

I love Qatar for many reasons and have great respect for its people, culture, and leaders. I also love the Doha Debates, Qatar Foundation, Shafallah Center, Qatar Open, and most importantly, Qatar's commendable foreign policy. There is yet another reason I can add to my "Why I love Qatar" list, which is: The Museum of Islamic Art. The museum houses the world's largest Islamic art collection, at over one thousand artifacts. Check out Aljazeera's coverage of the museum's unveiling ceremony, which was attended by one thousand dignitaries from around the world. Fantastic!

Side note: I wonder how much money it took to 'lure' renowned architect I.M. Pei out of retirement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Qatar and its leadership are the most dynamic and forward thinking in the Gulf region and are loyal friends of the Sudanese people.

Long may Qatar and its leadership prosper.

I also saw a snippet on aljazeera about the museum.
I'd like to visit it.